Thursday, March 31, 2011

22 February 2011, 2:22am

When the storm clouds roll in, and your tired
And scared and worried to the point of sickness
I wish to cradle you in my arms like a mother holds
Her child, I’ll tell you everything will work out for the
Better, you might not understand it or see it or believe it
But I’ll know that it will because your storm is mine
Storms only make us stronger; I won’t let it beat us
I’ll help you find the current that will bring us to soar
Above the storm, like eagles we’ll have nothing to fear

Every thought of you that enters my mind
Brings a smile to grace my face
A smile so big it makes my muscles ache
But it’s a good hurt—like growing pains
Telling me that I’m becoming stronger

I wish to take you by the hand and lead
You through life showing you both the simple
And glorious pleasures with the passion
Of a child seeing everything for the first
Time, laughing with joy at the beauty of it all

No comments:

Post a Comment