Wednesday, April 27, 2011

carpe diem

"tonight i will love love you tonight
give me everything tonight
for all we know we might not get tomorrow
...
grab somebody sexy tell 'em hey
give me everything tonight
...
excuse me
but i might drink a little bit more than i should tonight
and i might take you home with me if i could tonight
and i think you should let me cause i look good tonight
and we might not get tomorrow"


(lyrics above are from Give Me Everything by Pitbull)

The only time that I possess is the here & now... Not tomorrow. Not two seconds from now. Not two minutes ago.  Not the future. Not the past. Just the present. It's possible that my life could end at any second... My friends could step out of my life at any moment... My body could stop working for me... My family could disown me... My life could fall apart.... Most likely none of this will happen but it could. It's possible. Not likely, but possible.

I shouldnt take life for granted. So I'll  make the most of the now moment that I can. Of course, this doesnt mean that I cant dream about the future or have goals for my life. It just means that I must make the most of every moment because it could be my last. Carpe diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment